I am a licensed clinical social worker and owner of STRIDE Counseling Services, LLC. I am widely recognized for being versatile, energetic, and a strength based dedicated professional with extensive yet diverse experience in Clinical Therapy. I have developed outstanding collaborations with therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists and I have successfully helped clients to connect themselves to a community of supporters and flourish as individuals and families. Remember you are not alone.
I have strong collaborations with Tru Colors and PFLAG. I have over 10 years of experience working with Children/ Adolescent/ Young adults/ Couples/ LGBTQA population/Transgendered adolescents/ ADHD/Suicidiality/ Homocidality / Sexual Identity/Depression/Anxiety. I am a cognitive behavioral and solution focused therapist. I use many different modalities in therapy. Including relaxation techniques, guided visualization, exposure therapy, play therapy, art therapy and talk therapy.
Making change is hard and takes time. There is no ideal time to enter therapy, but I will meet you where you are at in the process, by providing a nonjudgmental and supportive environment. My goal is to support clients through their process, by using innovative, non-traditional, and technology sound interventions to help individuals reach their maximum potential.
When you walk into my office you will feel free to be yourself and uncover all your truths in time. You do not have to go through this alone.
“If you take a step I will take one with you”
Intensive In-home Children Adolescent Psychiatric Services Clinician
- Provide assessment, treatment, crisis intervention, case management for children 3 through 19.
- Foster positive working relationships with clients, families, providers, educators, and outside key stake holders
- Demonstrates knowledge of psychopathology, and other behavioral concerns and primary modalities of psychotherapeutic intervention. Triages clinical emergencies and implements program specific safety and consultation protocols. Utilizes best practices and evidenced based practice models where appropriate and adheres to model and program expectations.
- Obtain medical, physical and social histories of clients.
- Confer with clients, relatives, professional associates and other social service agencies regarding case problem.
- Skillful use of professional interviewing techniques, provision of skilled counseling to an assigned case load and assessment of basic needs through continuing personal observation during home visits.
Child Development Specialist
- Provide behavioral management and activities for latency children who are emotionally and behaviorally disordered within a structured therapeutic milieu.
- Provide transportation of clients to scheduled appointments and social events.
- Provide proper documentation of clients’ cases and services in a timely fashion and participates in weekly multi-disciplinary team meetings.